Proper Batting Techniques To Be a Better Baseball Hitter
I have shared some of the batting techniques with you that have made my son a better hitter, and helped him hit several home runs. Allow me to summarize some of them for you. These are the batting techniques that I found most important when teaching him to be a great hitter.
- I had him work on his strength by swinging the bat daily with a baseball bat doughnut
- I stopped him from killing his batting mechanics by telling him NOT to “squishing the bug”
- I told him to take a slight upward swing into the pitch plane and drive the ball back to where it come from
- I had him practice making contact with the ball with his hands in a power palm up, palm down position
- I also had him trick his mind into HAVING TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE BASEBALL, by visualizing his dog in the catcher’s position (You may think it’s silly, but it worked)
All these things combined, I attribute to Edward being a great hitter. These batting techniques can help you become a better hitter too. Don’t forget that there are all kinds of techniques that people (coaches and parents) teach batters. When you hear one, really think about it, because some of them just don’t make sense.
Batting is a skill that is honed by thousands of repetitions using proper techniques. It takes hard work, and will not come easy. I hope that in these few posts, I have given you a foundation to build upon to make you the baseball player, specifically the hitter, that you want to be. Please email me if you have any questions. I would love to help improve your hitting game.